These bowls are loaded with nutrients and flavor; kale, sweet potatoes, avocado and pineapple. Caramelized, tart, spicy, and savory – lots of flavor to love.
- 1/2 tsp Grace Caribbean Traditions Ginger/Garlic/Pimento seasoning (Buy Now)
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch of kale, chopped and stalks removed
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 lb of pork tenderloin, butterflied (tutorial found above)
- 1 pineapple, cored and cut into rings
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peel and cubed into 1 inch pieces
- 1 avocado, sliced or cubed
- Preheat grill and oven each to 400 degrees.
- Whisk together pineapple juice, honey, oil, and pinch of salt together in a large bowl. Add in chopped kale and toss until evenly and well coated. Set aside.
- Mix the allspice, cinnamon, Ginger/Garlic/Pimento seasoning, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, and salt into a small bowl.
- Rub half the seasoning mixture on the pork. Place on grill and allow to sear 7-10 minutes and flip. Grill pork loin an additional 7 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees. Remove from grill and allow to rest.
- Place pineapple slices on grill and grill for about 3 minutes per side or until marks appear. Remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile, use the other half of the seasoning blend to season the sweet potatoes and place on a greased baking sheet. Place in oven for about 20-25 minutes or until sweet potatoes are golden and are easily pierced with a fork.
- Slice pork thinly. Top kale with pork slices, pineapple slices, sweet potato cubes, and diced avocado.
- Serve and enjoy.
Tried this recipe?
Mention @mdjamaicandelights or tag #mdjamaicandelights on Instagram