Turn your simple callaloo recipe into something interesting and tasty. For the extreme "ital" at heart, you can substitute for real callaloo leaves (as canned callaloo contains small amounts of sodium).
- 2 cans JCS Callaloo (Buy Now)
- 1 cans Grace Coconut Milk (Buy Now)
- 1 sliced onion
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 chopped sweet potatoes
- 1 carrot (chopped)
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Clove garlic
- 1 Jamaican cho-cho
- 2 Irish Potatoes
- Add Callaloo, onions and garlic to vegetable oil. Stir mixture for 4 minutes.
- Add Coconut milk, chopped sweet potatoes, Cho-Cho, carrots, Potatoes.
- Sprinkle with black pepper to taste.
- Cook until the vegetables are soft and the sauce is thick
- Reduce heat after the vegetables are cooked and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve with a side of bread
Tried this recipe?
Mention @mdjamaicandelights or tag #mdjamaicandelights on Instagram