This Cobb Salad with Jerk Shrimp is loaded with juicy shrimp, smoky bacon, tangy goat cheese, and all the best flavors of a Caribbean Summer!
For the Jerk Shrimp Topping
- 2 tbsp Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning (Buy Now)
4 thick cut bacon slices
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
For the Mango Ginger Dressing
- 1/2 cup mango juice or 1 mango, diced and pureed
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp shallot finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
For the Cobb Salad
- 6 cup mixed greens up to 7 cups if you want more
- 2 small avocados diced
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup sweet yellow corn kernels
- 1/4 cup shallot diced
- 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbles optional
For the Shrimp
Heat a cast-iron skillet to medium-high heat. Once hot, place the bacon in the pan and cook until deeply brown and crisp. Cool the bacon to room temperature on a paper towel-lined plate, set aside.
- Prepare the shrimp by removing their tails, rinsing, and drying with a paper towel. In a small bowl, combine the shrimp, olive oil, jerk seasoning, smoked paprika, and lemon zest. Add a pinch of kosher salt and black pepper, then toss to coat. Cover the bowl and let the shrimp marinate for 10 minutes.
- Bring the cast-iron skillet (with the bacon grease still in it) back to medium-high heat, then carefully toss in the shrimp. Be sure to spread out the shrimp a bit. Cook for 2 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and transfer the shrimp to a small heat-safe bowl. Set aside.
For the Salad Dressing
- As you wait for the shrimp to cool down, make the dressing. In a blender, combine the mango juice (or purée), orange juice, rice wine vinegar, olive oil, yogurt, shallot, cilantro, and grated ginger. Blend until smooth, adding more yogurt if needed. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then transfer to a lidded jar and set aside.
For the Cobb Salad Assembly
- Once all the components have been prepared, get out a large bowl. Arrange greens, avocado, hard-boiled eggs, cherry tomatoes, corn kernels, shallot, and goat cheese. Crumble the bacon into the bowl and add the cooked shrimp, then drizzle in dressing and serve.