This yellow yam salad is an amazing alternative to traditional potato salad it is easy to prepare.
- 2 lbs yellow yam (Buy Now)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 lb string beans
- 1/4 lb carrots
- 1 small onion
- 1 small red sweet pepper
- 1 small green sweet pepper
- 1 can Green Peas
- 4 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- Peel, wash and cut yellow yam into cubes.
- Bring water to a boil in a sauce pot, add yam and salt and boil until fork tender.
- Cut string beans into three or four pieces, peel and dice carrots, blanch vegetables.
- Chop onions and peppers, add yam, vegetables, Green Peas, Mayonnaise and toss lightly.
- Put the salad to chill in a refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Arrange on a bed of lettuce and then serve.