For this July 4th weekend, why not try this 1/2 lb Grilled Jerk Burger with Pineapple Relish & Calypso Sauce. You really can't go wrong!
- 2lbs 80/20 Ground Chuck
- 2 tbsp Grace Jamaican Dried Jerk Seasoning (Buy Now)
- 1 cup Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning Mild (Buy Now)
- 1 cup pineapple relish *recipe below
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- Lettuce, tomato, and dill pickles slices
- Calypso sauce *recipe below
- 1 pineapple peeled & cut into spears
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp Grace Jamaican Dried Jerk Seasoning (Buy Now)
- 1 small yellow onion finely diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper finely diced
- 1/2 orange bell pepper finely diced
- 1 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp Grace Scotch Bonnet Hot Pepper Sauce (Buy Now)
- Dash white pepper, salt, black pepper, and cayenne
- Stir and refrigerate for 1 hour
- Sprinkle brown sugar over pineapple spears, lightly season with jerk seasoning and brown sugar mixture, grill over medium heat until golden brown turning as needed about 20 minutes total.
- Remove the pineapple from the grill and chop. Place pineapple in a bowl.
- Add the onion, peppers, cilantro, parsley, season with salt, black pepper, and a dash of cayenne.
- Stir to combine and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Prepare charcoal grill for direct grilling.
- Divide ground chuck into equal size portions about 1/2lb each. Use a burger press to form the hamburger patties and refrigerate the patties for 20 minutes to keep cool.
- Season each burger with Grace Jamaican Dried Jerk Seasoning
- Grill over direct heat for about 6 minutes per side. During the last few minutes of cooking brush the jerk sauce over the top of each burger.
- To build the burger: spread Calypso sauce on the bottom bun followed by lettuce, sliced tomato, and dill pickle. Top with the burger patty and an extra drizzle of jerk sauce. Add a heaping spoon of pineapple relish over the burger. Spread a little more Calypso on the top bun and place it on top and serve.
Tried this recipe?
Mention @mdjamaicandelights or tag #mdjamaicandelights on Instagram