Try this healthy and nutritious Yellow Yam and Pumpkin Curry!
- ½ lb Yellow Yam - Diced (Buy Now)
- 4 tbsp JCS Jamaican Style Curry Powder (Buy Now)
- 200ml (7floz) Grace Classic Coconut Milk (Buy Now)
- ½ lb Pumpkin or Butternut squash - Diced
- 2 tsp Black pepper
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 3 spring onions (diced)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 tsp Thyme
Dice Yam and Pumpkin into 2 inch cubes
Use a pot and add olive oil on high heat
- Add onions, garlic and spring onions and sortey for 2 minutes
- Then add 2 tbsp. Curry powder and Turmeric and burn for 3 minutes and add a little water.
- Add Pumpkin and Yam and mix together
- Add Salt, pepper, Curry powder, Black pepper, Thyme and paprika and mix together.
- Add 1 cup of water and boil for 20 minutes until Yam and pumpkin are soft.
- Add Coconut milk, and 1 scotch bonnet pepper, along with some fresh thyme.
- After the Pumpkin and yam have softened add some coriander or parsley and simmer for 5 minutes.