Try this tasty special BBQ Chicken!
Serves 6 people.
- 4 lbs chicken, jointed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- FOR BBQ SAUCE
- 1 oz margarine
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 oz Grace Fish and Meat Sauce (Buy Now)
- 1 packet Grace Cock Soup Mix (Buy Now) - For Stock
- 8 oz Tomato Ketchup
- 8 oz Orange Juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp sherry
- 4 cups hot water
- 6 medium Irish potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 3 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Boiled rice or Rice and Peas, to serve
Season chicken with salt, pepper, minced garlic and soy sauce. Cover and place in the refrigerator to marinate for about 1-2 hours.
Arrange chicken on a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven 180°C/350°F until chicken pieces are browned.
- Combine dripping with barbecue sauce and spoon over chicken. Return to the oven and cook for a further 20 minutes.
- To Make Barbecue Sauce:
- Heat margarine in a sauce pot. Add onion and garlic and saute until they become tender.
- For stock, mix 1 packet Grace Cock Soup Mix to 2 cups boiling water. Mix well, then strain and use as directed.
- Add 1 cup stock, ketchup, orange juice, fish and meat sauce, soy sauce, chilli powder and sugar and mix well. Bring to a boil, then lower flame and simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring and skimming as needed.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, if necessary. Remove from flame, add sherry and stir.