Try this succulent and comforting pot roast beef with pan gravy recipe. So tasty!
Serves 8 people.
6 lbs Beef Round
- 1/4 cup White Cane Vinegar
- 4 cup water
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp Grace Caribbean Traditions All Purpose Seasoning (Buy Now)
- 1 packet Grace Cock Soup Mix (Buy Now) - For Stock
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium onion, chopped
- 3 stalks escallion, crushed
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 4 cups hot water
- 6 medium Irish potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 3 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Boiled rice or Rice and Peas, to serve
Clean beef with a mixture of vinegar and water, pat dry and set aside.
Combine red wine, salt, black pepper, all purpose seasoning, garlic, onion, escallion and thyme in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Pour blended seasonings over beef. Make incisions in the beef so the seasonings can penetrate the meat. Cover and leave to marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat Dutch Pot and add Grace Vegetable Oil. Gently add seasoned beef and brown on both sides.
- Add hot water, a little at a time, and leave to cook for about 2 hours over low flame.
- Add potato wedges, diced carrots and tomato wedges.
- For stock, add 1 packet Grace Cock Soup Mix to 4 cups boiling water. Mix well, then strain and use as directed
- Add 1 cup stock and the scotch bonnet pepper.
- Leave to simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- TO SERVE: Place the roast, potatoes, carrots and tomatoes on a platter and serve with rice and peas or gungo peas and rice.