Try this warming comfort food. Delicious Oxtail and Butter Beans with rice.
:4 :15 min :3 hr 45 min
- 1 can Blue Mountain Country Butter Beans (Buy Now)
- 3 tbsp of Grace All-Purpose Seasoning (Buy Now)
- 1 tsp Ocho Rios Allspice Pimento (Buy Now)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 spring onions
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce
- half a scotch bonnet pepper, sliced and deseeded
- 500ml beef stock
- 10 grams of flour
Trim away any excess fat from the oxtail. Add garlic, Worcestershire sauce and all-purpose seasoning to the oxtails and leave overnight in fridge. Dust the tails in seasoned flour. Add oil to a saucepan and brown the tails. It is best to do these in batches so as not to crowd the pan otherwise the meat will start stewing too early.
Once all the meat has browned return all the meat to the pan. Add all the other ingredients, turn up the heat up till it boils, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 3/4 hours. Add the beans in the last 30 mins of cooking. Once cooked the meat should be tender and falling off the bone. Best served with long grain rice.