A "Jerk-style" spin on the traditional cod bits and butter beans recipes. A simple and delectable combination of country-style flavors guaranteed to leave your taste buds satisfied.
- 2 cans Grace Classic Butter Beans (Buy Now)
- 3 tbsp Grace Jamaican Style Jerk BBQ Sauce (Buy Now)
- ¼ Cup vegetable oil
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 3 small red tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- 1 tsp Dry Thyme
- ½ lb. CEG Cod Bits
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Boil CEG Cod Bits in water for 5-7 minutes.
- Use your hands and shred (flake) the cod bits finely and set aside in a mixing bowl.
- Cut the sweet peppers in strips and the onion into slices.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters.
- Put the vegetable oil in a frying pan and heat, then sauté sweet pepper, tomatoes and onion until onions are translucent.
- Add the cod bits and stir.
- Add Garlic Powder, Butter Beans and Jamaican Style Jerk BBQ Sauce
- Let Simmer for 5 minutes before removing from the fire. Serve with Festival.