This Jamaican Pepper Steak is a quick and easy dinner idea.
- 1/2 teaspoon Grace Hot Pepper sauce (Buy Now)
- 1 lb beef top round steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 can chopped tomato, drained or 2 medium tomatoes blanched, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1/4 cup cold water
Slice the beef into 3 inch strips 1/4 inch wide.
Heat 1 Tbsp oil in skillet on medium high and add onion and garlic, stirring until onion is tender, around 3 or 4 minutes. Remove onions and garlic with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to pan and saute beef until browned. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the broth, soy sauce, sugar black pepper and hot pepper sauce to the skillet, stir well.
- Return beef, onion and garlic to skillet and simmer on low covered for 30 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and tomatoes.Cover and cook until peppers are crisp/tender -around 5 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch and water together and stir into the skillet stirring constantly until Pepper Steak sauce thickened around 2 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of rice with a side salad