Try this nice and spicy, easy to make Jamaican Jerk and Potato Salad!
3lbs red potatoes, peeled
4 slices bacon, chopped
1 ¼ cups mayonnaise (regular or light)
- 1 tsp Grace Caribbean Traditions Jerk Seasoning (Buy Now)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp Grace Scotch Bonnet Hot Pepper Sauce (Buy Now)
- ½ tsp ground Ocho Rios AllSpice Pimento (Buy Now)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 hard boiled eggs (peeled and halved)
6 chopped cornichons or 6 gherkins
2 celery ribs, finely chopped
1 medium onion, finely chopped
- Chopped fresh parsley
Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender. Drain and cool. Cut potatoes into 3/4-inch pieces. Transfer to large bowl.
Cook bacon in heavy large skillet over medium heat until brown and crisp, stirring occasionally. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels and drain. Mix mayonnaise, chopped thyme, allspice, jerk seasoning and cayenne pepper in medium bowl.
- Separate egg yolks and whites. Mash yolks in small bowl. Mince egg whites. Add bacon, mayonnaise mixture, yolks, whites, cornichons, celery, onion and hot pepper sauce to potatoes in bowl and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)