This corn meal porridge is a staple breakfast food in Jamaica and the Caribbean islands.
1 cup Grace Corn Meal (Buy Now)
- 4 cups water
- 2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup condensed milk and sugar to taste
- Salt to taste (Optional)
- Excelsior Water Crackers (Buy Now)
Mix cornmeal in 2 cup of water.
In a medium saucepan, combine 2 cups of water and 2 cup milk and bring to a boil.
- Stir in cornmeal mixture and reduce heat to medium. keep stirring for 4 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract, nutmeg cinnamon, and salt, and cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- Sweeten porridge with condensed milk and sugar.
- Serve with Excelsior Water Crackers.
*Can substitute Condensed milk and sugar for your favorite milk and sweetener.
Prep time: 5 mins
- Total time: 25 mins