Try this Callaloo Fritter recipe for breakfast or brunch. Easy and tasty, you'll love it! For a Vegan/Vegetarian option, just take out the bacon!
- 1 cup (325ml) Callaloo, drained (Buy Now)
- 1 tsp Scotch Bonnet Pepper Sauce (Buy Now)
- ½ Medium Onion, finely chopped
- 3oz Bacon (optional)
- 1 small Tomato, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp (45ml) Red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp Dried thyme
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup (250ml) Water
- 1⅓ cup (325ml) Flour
- ½ cup (125ml) Vegetable oil (for frying)
Chop bacon in small pieces and fry until crisp; set aside
Mix tomato, red pepper, onion, pepper sauce, ketchup, thyme, salt and black pepper together in a bowl. Fold in bacon.
- Add 1 cup of water to mixture and stir
- Add flour and mix to make batter
- Pour vegetable oil into non-stick frying pan and heat on high
- Fry fritters in hot oil; when golden brown and crispy flip to other side and fry until golden brown
- Drain fritters on plate lined with paper towel; serve warm
Makes 10-12 Fritters.
Tried this recipe?
Mention @mdjamaicandelights or tag #mdjamaicandelights on Instagram