Check out this easy and tasty Jamaican Barbie Fry Chicken recipe and enjoy!
- 1 tsp Grace All Purpose Seasoning (Buy Now)
- 1 Bottle Jamaican Style BBQ Sauce (Buy Now)
- 2 tbsp Grace Guava Jelly (Buy Now)
4 lbs Skinless Chicken - cut into pieces, seasoned with salt and pepper
- ½ Cup Water
- ½ Cup Ketchup
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Black Pepper
- 6 Cups All-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 4 Cups oil for frying, or as needed
- 2 tbsp Sugar
In large bowl, stir together the flour, 1/4 tap salt, 5 teaspoons pepper, garlic, and all purpose seasoning.
- Fill a frying pot or pan with oil. Let oil heat. Place pieces of chicken into the flour mixture and coat flour properly. Place coated chicken into the hot oil to fry. Do not over crowd, just cook in batches. Once chicken is browned on one side, flip over, and brown on the other side.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees, prepare baking tray. Prepare barbecue sauce by mixing ketchup, barbeque sauce, sugar guava jelly and water into small pot put to heat on low flame while mixing gradually, remove from flame. Arrange fried chicken pieces in rows in the prepared tray. Pour sauce over the top.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until the sauce is caramelized onto the chicken.
Tried this recipe?
Mention @mdjamaicandelights or tag #mdjamaicandelights on Instagram