These Jack Mackerel Fritters are just right... crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. They are bite-sized pieces of goodness packed with flavour.
1 can Grace Jack Mackerel in tomato sauce
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 stalk escallion, chopped
- ¼ medium onion, chopped
- ¼ sweet pepper, chopped
¼ tsp Grace Scotch Bonnet Pepper Sauce
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1 cup vegetable oil
Open a can of grace jack mackerel in tomato sauce and flake.
Pour all-purpose flour into a medium bowl.
Combine tomato, escallion, onion, sweet pepper, black pepper, salt andmix well.
Add the flaked mackerel, scotch bonnet pepper sauce and water to theflour mixture and mix well to combine all the ingredients.
In a large skillet heat vegetable oil.
Using a serving spoon or measuring cup to pour batter into heated oilone at a time to form small individual fritters.
- Fry for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Allow fritters to drain on absorbent paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Enjoy with a side of your favorite dip.