2 medium sized whole fish
1 tablespoon Grace Caribbean Traditions Fish Seasoning (Buy Now)
- 1 tablespoon Grace All Purpose Seasoning (Buy Now)
- 2 tablespoon Grace Fish and Meat Sauce (Buy Now)
- 1 Grace Fish Soup/ Grace Pumpkin Flavored Soup Mix (Buy Now)
- 8 Pimento Berries
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion; sliced
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 stalk escallion; chopped
- 2 gloves garlic; chopped
- 8 Okras
- 1 small carrot; chopped
- 1 cup Squash or Jamaican Pumpkin; diced
- 1 pack Excelsior Water Crackers (Buy Now)
Clean and wash fish thoroughly and drain and excess water.
- Add fish seasoning, all purpose seasoning and fish and meat sauce to fish in a medium bowl and seasoning fish well.
Heat olive oil in a pot and sauté onions and garlic for 3 minutes. .
- Add pimento berries, carrot, thyme, escallion, okra and squash or Jamaican pumpkin and cook for 4 minutes, stirring vegetables frequently.
- Add 1 cup water to vegetables.
Add fish to vegetables and sieve fish soup/ pumpkin soup mix into a bowl to remove noodles and add to pot. Add butter and cover. Allow fish to steam for 10-15 minutes.
- Add desired amount of Excelsior Water Crackers to pot, 3 minutes before fish is ready.
Prep time: 30 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total time: 1 hour