Check out this mouth watering Hot and Spicy Mackerel Lasagna dish. It's so good, you'll be wanting seconds...
- 4 cans Grace Jack Mackerel in Tomato Sauce Classic (Buy Now)
- 2 tsp Grace Hot Pepper Sauce (Buy Now)
- 1/2 cup Grace All Purpose Seasoning (Buy Now)
- 4 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup Tomato Ketchup
- 8 tbsp Soft Margarine
- 18 Lasagna noodles (cooked as instructed on package)
- 1cup onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 8 cloves garlic (finely diced)
- 1/2 cup parmesan & cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1cup tomatoes (diced)
- 5 cups milk
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2 pinches nutmeg
- 1tsp dried basil
- In a large skillet over low heat add vegetable oil, onion, garlic, and Hot Pepper Sauce and saute for 2 mins.
- Increase heat to medium flame then add Tomato Ketchup, dried basil, all-purpose seasoning and tomatoes, then cook for 5 minutes.
- Debone Jack Mackerel and crush, then allow to cook for 7 to 10 minutes or until flavours blend together. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Melt margarine in a medium saucepan over medium heat then add flour, stirring constantly for 3 minutes to cook flour.
- Slowly add milk whisking until smooth, then add black pepper and nutmeg and continue whisking.
- Reduce heat to low then add mozzarella cheese, (0.25) 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, and (0.25) 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, and whisk until cheese is melted then remove from heat and set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9x13 inch Pyrex dish then start by adding a spoon of the Jack Mackerel sauce to the dish, making sure it's evenly coating the bottom. Layer 3 lasagna noodles, spread Jack Mackerel sauce over them followed by béchamel sauce.
- Top with another 3 layers of lasagna noodles, then Jack Mackerel sauce, béchamel sauce then cheese.
- Add the final layer of noodles, Jack Mackerel sauce, then béchamel sauce and the remaining cheeses.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven allow lasagna to sit for 20 minutes before serving.