Pizza, a United States favourite. Jerk Chicken, a Caribbean favourite. Blend the two together and we get this delicious recipe.
- 3/4 cup Walkerswood Hot and Spicy Jerk Seasoning (Buy Now)
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Pizza Dough (pre-made is fine)
- 10 plum tomatoes
- Olive oil
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place chicken in a medium bowl and spoon over the jerk seasoning making sure chicken is fully coated with marinade. Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours, or overnight.
- You can bake or grill chicken. In this case, chicken was baked in the oven at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Next is the tomato sauce. You can easily buy a store bought sauce, but it taste so much better to make your own. Throw you plum tomatoes in a blender and blend it on a lower speed. As you blend the tomatoes mix in olive oil until you reach the consistency you desire. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the chicken is cooked and the tomato sauce is done, it’s time to put everything together. Kneed the pizza dough until you get the desired size and thickness. Then add the tomato sauce and a layer of cheese. Now it’s time to add the jerk chicken. You can take two different approaches to this depending on your taste: you can cut the chicken into chunks or shred the chicken. After you add your layer of chicken, add the remaining cheese on top and follow it up with another layer of chicken.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Once the oven reaches 375 degrees place your pizza inside and bake for 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Take pizza out of the and let it cool for about 5 minutes.
Cut, serve and enjoy.