Fried Chicken anyone? Try this mouth watering Crispy Honey Garlic Fried Chicken recipe.
- 1 tsp Grace Caribbean Traditions Curry Powder (Buy Now)
- 20oz boneless chicken thighs (skinned)
- 2 whole egg
- 2/3 cup corn starch
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 cups vegetable oil for deep frying
- For the sauce
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- 12 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp ginger (finely chopped)
- 10 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1.5 cup water
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp green onions
In a mixing bowl, combine the cubed chicken thighs, curry powder, and soy sauce. Mix well and set aside.
For the sauce, combine the water, honey, and brown sugar in a bowl and mix well. In a pan, heat the vegetable oil at medium high heat and cook ginger and garlic until fragrant and soft.
Pour the liquid mixture in pan and let cook by stirring occasionally. While the sauce is slowly cooking, mix corn starch and water in a small bowl to make a slurry.
Slowly add the corn starch slurry into the pan while constantly stirring the mixture. Cook over medium heat until sauce thickens. Add sesame oil and mix well.
- To make the fried chicken, whisk together the all-purpose flour and the rest of the cornstarch. Make egg wash mixture by cracking two eggs and whisking them thoroughly. Dip seasoned chicken into egg wash then into the flour. Repeat this step once more to double coat the chicken. Place on a plate to rest for frying.
Heat a small wok or caste iron pot. Add the oil for deep frying.
- Add the fried chicken into the pan with the cooked sauce and mix well. Top with sesame seeds and green onions.
- Serve with yummy steamed rice and sautéed Pak Choy.