A classic sandwich with a Caribbean twist. Great source of lean protein and healthy fats. Good idea for grilling on warm sunny days.
- 1 tsp Walkerswood Jamaican jerk seasoning (Buy Now)
- 1/2 small avocado, pitted (see Tips for Two)
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 8 ounces salmon fillet, skinned and cut into 2 portions
- 2 crusty whole-wheat rolls, split and toasted
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Preheat grill to high.
- Oil grill rack.
- Mash together avocado and mayonnaise in a small bowl with a fork.
- Rub Jerk Seasoning on both sides of salmon.
- Grill until just cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Spread the avocado mixture on the bottom halves of each roll.
- Top with the salmon, arugula, tomato, onion and condiments of choice.